Our highly efficient litigation department deals with a wide range of contentious matters arising from commercial and civil interactions. In particular, the department deals in:
- Contentious banking and company matters;
- Industrial and labour related litigation;
- Prosecution and defence of subrogation and other insurance related claims;
- Enforcement of securities including mortgages, charges, guarantees, hire purchase contracts and chattels mortgages;
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, trade secrets, industrial designs, geographic indications and folklore;
- Judicial review and public law litigation;
- Contentious commercial transactions;
- Consumer protection and professional negligence claims;
- Secured and unsecured debt recovery through judicial proceedings;
- Prosecution, defence and representation in subrogation and other insurance related claims;
- Enforcement of civil rights through prosecution and defence in tortious liability claims.
The department also undertakes consultancy services in areas such as labour law, regulatory framework, formation, management and reorganization of business enterprise. The litigation team which also acts as the debt recovery unit has acquired considerable experience in bankruptcy and winding up proceedings and receivership in Kenya and some of our Advocates have been appointed as receivers and managers of several companies.